The words “Coconut Grove” are almost always interchangeable with “outdoor” and “fun.” Celebrating eccentricities with its quirky, unconventional and sometimes even brilliantly wacky outdoor festivals and sidewalk events, Coconut Grove always offers something to see or do.
Winners included the following Grove events in their respective categories:
8. Columbus Day Regatta brings more than 1,000 boaters and sailors to the two-day event each October. October 8-9
PARADES AND FESTIVALS
9. King Mango Strut brought out more than 500 costume-wearing participants to the streets of Coconut Grove at last year’s parade. December 31
12. The Great Grove Bed Race is a fun-filled competition, which brings out local businesses that compete with beds on wheels down a street in Coconut Grove, with approximately 20,000 spectators watching the action. Fall
FOOD & RESTAURANT INDUSTRY
4. The Great Taste of the Grove offers food, live music, and activities for 10,000 attendees of all ages over two days and is produced by the Coconut Grove Chamber of Commerce in Peacock Park. Spring
ART & DESIGN
5. Coconut Grove Arts Festival, presented by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, celebrated its 48th anniversary and attracted more than 150,000 art-goers. February 18-20
BizBash Magazine keeps leaders in the event planning industry up to date by offering insightful editorial, sharing the latest ideas and strategies, and providing essential tools and resources. To read the complete listing from BizBash’s Top 100 list, click here.