Coconut Grove will continue its growth as a progressive Miami neighborhood this summer with new construction projects coming online. The community will welcome new office space, improved infrastructure and new, upscale living options that are poised to make Coconut Grove competitive as a destination and to better serve residents. The following information regarding active construction projects in the area is provided to the BID by the City of Miami.
Grand Avenue Sidewalk Renovation Project:
Description: B30687 – Coconut Grove Business Improvement District – Sidewalk Improvements
Scope of Work: Replacement of brick pavers along Grand Avenue between Mary St. and 32nd Ave. Prior completed projects within the boundaries of the Coconut Grove Business District are as follows: Florida Ave between Mary St. and Virginia St. S-30687.03 – Virginia St. and Mary St. Commodore Plaza between Grand Avenue and Main Highway.
Project Boundaries: Florida Ave between Mary Street and Virginia Street, Virginia and Mary St between Grand Ave and Florida Ave, Commodore Plaza between Main Highway and Grand Ave, Grand Avenue between Mary St. and 32nd Avenue.
Project Timeline: 8 months from start date
Construction Start: Summer 2017
Projected End Date: Fall 2018
Project Fast Facts:
- The Removal of 29 hazardous and/or sick trees found along project boundaries
- Relocation of 2 trees on Grand Avenue
- 32 new large shade trees are scheduled to be installed along project boundaries
- Silva Cell technology will be installed with every new tree in new tree planter boxes to prevent future uplifting along sidewalks
- Leveling and replacement of brick pavers
- Some drainage and landscaping improvements
- Project begins in front of CocoWalk Garage, continuing west to McDonald St, and then proceeding east on south side of Grand Ave.
- Projected 8 month project duration
- Phased construction to reduce impact on pedestrians, cyclists, parking, and business owners
- Sidewalk improvements are being funded by the Offices of District II and free of charge to the affected property owners
CLICK HERE: Grand Ave Final Approved Plans Package
The renovation and new construction at Cocowalk is going to take place in two phases over two years. Summer 2018, CocoWalk will erect scaffolding around the west wing of the property. The sidewalk will remain open throughout the day, but there will be periodic sidewalk and road closures during some evenings.
The Corner at the Grove
Expected completion Spring 2019
More info: The Corner at the Grove
The Grove MIA
“The design intent is to draw from the existing historical Spanish Mediterranean building and Coconut Grove’s surrounding textures to develop a modern interpretation for the complex. The renovation of the existing retail building along Main Highway and the Phase II new retail building along Grand Avenue will exist in harmony with the remainder of Coconut Grove.”
More info: The Grove MIA
Optimum in the Grove
” Now under construction. The Optimum, located at 3480 Main Highway brings 40,000 square feet of Class A office space to the heart of Coconut Grove. Featuring a signature ground floor restaurant and rooftop bar by renowned hospitality group Ink Entertainment, The Optimum will offer tenants a unique work-live experience.”
More info: Office in the Grove
MR. C Hotel
5-Story 98-room boutique hotel on McFarlane Rd.
More info: Mr. C Hotel