The BID’s Cleaning and Safety Ambassador Program:
We make sure that the District is a safe and friendly neighborhood for everyone to live, work and visit. In addition to the specialized services described below, our BID ambassadors serve as additional eyes and ears for the Business District by discouraging aggressive panhandlers, giving directions, friendly escorts and reporting problems to our off duty police officers and/or proper authorities.
Please feel free to approach any of the Grove BID Ambassadors for general information, recommendations, inquiries, or a copy of the Coconut Grove map.
Cleaning Ambassador Services:
Cleaning Ambassadors are responsible for maintaining the appearance of the public pedestrian areas in Coconut Grove by providing the following services:
- Daily litter pick-up
- Sidewalk sweeper operation
- Special maintenance projects
- Graffiti removal
- Special event assistance
Cleaning Statistics Reports:
Clean Team Hours of Operation:
- Wednesday thru Friday: 4:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Safety Ambassador Services:
The Safety Ambassadors assist Coconut Grove visitors, workers and residents by providing maps, guides, directions and information about restaurants and other attractions. The Safety Ambassadors are trained to handle a variety of situations, including:
- Parking information
- Dining, shopping and other Coconut Grove attractions
- Calls for assistance to police, fire, EMS and AAA
- Escorts along public property
- Coconut Grove project information
Safety Team Hours of Operation:
- Wednesday thru Friday: 3:00 p.m. to 1:30 a.m.
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m.
- Sunday: 10:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
To reach our Grove BID ambassadors, please contact:
Operations Manager, Ben Downs: 305-360-6870 or Team Leader: 305-360-2356.
The tour guide ambassadors are stationed at the Welcome Kiosk located in front of CocoWalk. They meet and greet tour bus arrivals daily from the Port of Miami and local airports to offer directions, helpful information and recommendations on things to see, places to visit, stores to shop in and places to eat. The tour ambassadors are visible around the District during peak hours and during special events and are always prepared to provide assistance to visitors and locals alike.
Off-Duty Police Services:
BID Off-Duty Police Phone Number: 786-343-2765
- Thursday – Saturday: 8:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.
- Sunday: 12:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
BID Off-Duty Police Detail Contact:
- Sergeant Matthew Vasquez (Coordinator): 954-821-4755
Important Contact Numbers:
Police Non-Emergency Phone Number: 305-579-6111
City of Miami Police Department Neighborhood Resource Officers (NROs):
- Officer David Valentin: 954-507-7401
- Officer Shane Maguffey: 786-314-1548
Homeless Assistance Program: 305-576-9900
- Homeless Helpline: 1-877-994-4357
Miami Parking Authority Phone Number to Report Malfunctioning Blue Pay Station Machines:
- 24/7 Help Line: 305-579-4900
- Regular Phone: 305-373-6789
City of Miami Narcotics/ CST Tip Line: 305-603-6585
- Drug Tip Line: 305-603-6590